Pastor Josh preaches on 1 John 5:13-21
1. What is John’s main goal in writing to the Church?
2. What does it mean to “ask anything according to his will”?
3. Why is the closing verse such an important and necessary word of warning?
4. How did this study of 1 John impact your understanding of what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ?
Pastor Josh preaches on 1 John 5:6-12
1. What is the significance of John’s claim that “there are three that testify…and these three agree”?
2. Why are we so willing to receive “the testimony of men”? Why are we hesitant to receive the greater testimony of God?
3. What is “the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son”?
4. What does John mean when he says “whoever has the Son has life”?
Pastor Josh preaches on Genesis 3:17-21 for Ash Wednesday
Pastor Josh preaches on 1 John 5:1-5
1. What does John mean when he says that God’s “commandments are not burdensome”?
2. What does it mean to “overcome the world”?
3. How does our faith enable us to overcome the world?
4. When are the times in your own life that you most need to remember this?
Pastor Josh preaches on 1 John 4:7-21
1. What makes God’s love for us distinctive and demonstrable?
2. Why must God’s love for us be the initiating factor in our relationship with God?
3. What often motivates you to show love to others? What should motivate you?
4. What are some concrete actions that you can take this week to demonstrate a love for God and love for others that is grounded in God’s love for you?