Guest preacher Dave Moore preaches on 1 John 3:11-24
1. Where do you see John’s compassion for his readers in this passage?
2. What is a “voice” – that needles you or causes you to doubt your security in Christ?
3. What is a tangible moment where you can point to God’s love working through you that can reassure your heart?
Pastor Josh preaches on 1 John 2:28-3:10
1. How is the love of God seen in the doctrine of adoption?
2. What does John means when he says, “when [Jesus] appears, we shall be like him”?
3. How is it “evident who are the children of God”? What does this mean for your own life of discipleship?
4. What is the relationship between adoption and obedience?
Pastor Josh preaches on 1 John 2:18-27 & 4:1-6
1. Why does John say that “it is the last hour”, and what does he mean by that?
2. How does John’s definition of “the antichrist” differ from what you may have had in mind?
3. How do we “test the spirits”?
4. Why is it important to remember that there have been ‘false prophets’ in every age?
Pastor Josh preaches on 1 John 2:7-17
1. How is the “new” commandment really an “old” commandment?
2. What does it mean to say “the darkness is passing away”?
3. What are the reasons that John gives for writing this letter (verses 12-14), and how do those reasons affect us today?
4. Why does John say “do not love the world or the things in the world”?