Pastor Josh preaches the third sermon in our Advent series on Matthew 26:6-13
1. What does the setting of this encounter with Jesus reveal to us about him and his mission?
2. What does Mary’s action toward Jesus show about her understanding of him?
3. What does the disciples’ reaction to Mary show about the state of their own hearts?
4. How does this response to Jesus help us journey through the Advent season in a more meaningful way?
Pastor Josh continues our Advent sermon series, preaching out of John 1.
1. John calls Jesus “the Lamb of God”, Andrew calls him “the Messiah”, and Nathanael calls him “the Son of God” and “the King of Israel”. What do all these reveal to us about Jesus?
2. What do the responses represented (John, Andrew, Philip, and Nathanael) show us about the results of encountering Jesus?
3. Why is the way in which Jesus describes himself v. 51 so significant?
4. How can these responses to the Redeemer shape your Advent season?
Pastor Josh preaches on advent scriptures for our Christmas Eve Ahead of Time Service.
Pastor Josh preaches on Luke 2:21-38 for the first week of Advent.
1. What are the things that often prevent us from seeing Jesus for who he really is?
2. What does Simeon’s response to the Redeemer teach us?
3. What does Anna’s response to the Redeemer teach us?
4. How does this portrait of Jesus change the way you approach this Advent season?