Past Josh preaches on 1 John 1:5-2:6.
1. In what ways do we deceive ourselves when it comes to our relationship with God?
2. In what ways do we deceive ourselves when it comes to our life in this world?
3. How does the Gospel correct these self-deceptive views?
4. What are some ways that you can “walk in the light” this coming week?
Yesterday we listened together to the reading of 1 John aloud. You can follow along this week HERE.
Pastor Josh begins our new sermon series on 1 John.
1. What does John’s introduction to this letter reveal?
2. Why is the earthly life, ministry, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ at the heart of the Christian faith?
3. What happens when we dislodge our faith from the real actions of God in history and place it in our own personal feelings?
4. How does our fellowship with the Father impact our fellowship with one another?
Pastor Josh preaches on Colossians 3:1-4 this week. We begin a new sermon series next week!
1. What is the relationship between Advent and Ascension?
2. What does it mean to say that Jesus Christ is really absent and really present?
3. What implications of the Ascension had you never considered before?
4. How can you “seek the things that are above” in 2019 while also being fully engaged in this world?
Elder Jeanne Griffith preaches on Luke 10:38-42
Pastor Josh preaches on Christmas Eve.
Pastor Josh finishes our Advent series, preaching on John 20:24-29
1. What is the link between the Incarnation and the Resurrection–and why is the Resurrection so important?
2. What claims of the Gospel do you find most difficult to believe? Why?
3. What does Thomas’s response to Jesus reveal?
4. How have the various encounters with Jesus that we’ve explored impacted your journey through the Advent season?